3 Sept 2006

I ran for 115 mins this morning. I covered 12 miles. It hurts.

I can't believe that I haven't suddenly become extremely fit - I mean why isn't it getting any easier? I just kept going (I had to stop once to stretch out my left hip as it was in some sort of painful spasm) but it just kept getting harder. I somehow have to find another mile and a bit in a couple of weeks time - where is that going to come from?

I had an energy drink just before I left the house which made me feel sick - a lesson learned there. I also wanted a drink on the way round so I must remember to take water from the stations along the way.

My right ankle was aching, both feet were and this thing with my left hip is annoying - I mean it was almost too painful to run with - it eased a bit with a stretch but will I want to be doing that during the real thing?

There were loads of people out running - a lot of them I saw a few times as I repeated the circuits of the downs so I guess they were all on their training runs for the half marathon as well. Most of them were fast and looked very relaxed. I want to look like that but even though I was trying to relax I was feeling more and more knackered and just wanted to sit down and have a drink.

But I kept going - I did run 12 miles which is further than I have ever gone in my life before and is only 10 minutes off the complete race.

I need to work on my look - red face and frizzy hair does not make for a good photo-finish.

I reckon I will be doing the thing in 2 hours and 10 mins and I should be proud of that shouldn't I!

This time in 2 weeks I will be finished or at least in sight of the finish line.

No comments: