13 Jul 2010

early morning in the rain

It seems Summer is on a break and we're back to winter weather. Except it's not cold, just rainy and dark. But in truth, once you're out there a bit of drizzle doesn't hurt - it's the darkness that gets you. Waking up with the sun streaming in through the curtains is great - when you can't tell if you've opened your eyes or not - not so super.

But the run was fine, usual things, usual radio stuff - except I mistakenly tuned to 1xtra just before 7am and got very confused. Quickly found R1 once more and relaxed. Sad, I know, but I do find R1 quite amusing and takes my mind off the pavement-pounding in a way R4 just doesn't.

And then I cycle 5 miles or so to work. And go to the gym 3 times a week. If there was any justice in the world I would be super-model skinny by now. I mean, just cos I eat too much and like wine by the bottle rather than the glass (oh, and the small matter of being middle-aged) I am still the shape of a weeble. But with legs. And I do wobble quite a bit, but also fall down.

No comments: