4 Oct 2009

Well, the pain of the workouts is acceptable - but that probably means I'm not working hard enough. Apparently you have to go until you really really cannot move anymore - not just a bit wobbly and can't do the slow speed, but truly cannot move a muscle.

But that pain is nothing compared with the pain I've suffered this morning.
A 6-mile trot from home, nothing dramatic, but towards the end, my calves started aching. Odd, they've never done that before. But it was bad enough for me to have a walk and then they clamped up. Couldn't believe it. Tried to run a bit further and it was like all the bounce had gone from my legs. And walking was soo painful.

I've stretched them out but it hasn't really made much difference. I will just have to rest for the rest of the day, you know, watch a film, perhaps some light blogging, that sort of thing.

It's a worry though, I mean, running is my main exercise - the walking and cycling to work is just enough to tick over, the running is the real effort. I'm not exactly going for anything right now, but this is something else I have to worry about. Perhaps I should ask Moti and see what they suggest in terms of stretching... but I did buy trainers from them so I hold them entirely responsible, nothing at all to do with my ageing physiology

No comments: