5 Oct 2009

OK I've been back to the gym for my 1-to-1 and it was ok. I still haven't really got the hang of the ab crunches though - I can't breathe, apparantly that's a technique thing I will need to work on.

So he's putting up the weights on most of the things - hmm, not sure how that will feel other than impossible. But the idea is that you don't work longer than 2 mins on each machine - which means you have to get to the point of muscle failure in that time, and I have been going for too long on some of them. Apparantly the look of distress on my face isn't enough to allow me to stop working and maintaining a calm face is also quite important.

I mentioned about the excrutiating pain I experienced in my mashed up calves and it would seem (as I kind of suspected cos I'm good like that) it's because as one lot of muscles is strengthened the others have to work harder/differently to compensate and it's not surprising there are pressures here and there.

He also said it meant that the effect of the exercise might take longer than for most people to happen. Hmmm. Too old, too feeble to begin with - but perhaps a more dramatic outcome? By Christmas I will be happy with the way I look? (It would have to be most extreme for that to happen)

No comments: