24 Aug 2006

Thank goodness I went out early...


Yes, I was up with the asthmatic larks this morning and running like a loon around the backroads and open spaces of the 'hood...
It was OK I guess - I still don't feel I am making progress but I guess that's normal. I'd have to do a lot more exercise to see any real progress for sure.

I checked with the training schedule for the 1/2 mara and apparantly I'm kind of OK. I need to go for a 100-minute run this weekend and a 115 minute run the one after and a few normal ones dotted in between and I'm there. I think I should be able to do it so long as I don't run out of steam - I feel sometimes I'm running on empty which is a little alarming but apparantly they dish out revolting energy things along the route.

oh, and as for why it was good I went out early - I got dressed in the dark and was wearing my running shorts inside out...

No comments: