23 Aug 2006

Horrible horrible horrible

I know a short run is better than no run - but to feel clapped out after 5 miles is really disheartening.

The forecast for this morning was for downpours (it was correct, too) so I thought I would run after work yesterday. I managed to drag myself round the 5-miler route and felt like poo. It's a horrible feeling, like all the hard work I've done has been for nothing. I am doomed to forever be a early-morning runner...

So now I don't feel like I even want to attempt the 1/2 marathon - after feeling so positive about it yesterday.

I mustn't crumble at this stage though (I will keep the baling out option open for a while yet though) I will run tomorrow morning and see how that goes. And then a longer run at the weekend. And then I shall be all positive once more.

Possibly.

No comments: