29 Aug 2006

I think I needed more than one day's rest to get over my amazing achievement on Sunday (slight exaggeration...) but I did do the 7 mile route this morning.

There is something wrong with my right foot: it kind of twists as I push off it. It's very annoying as I'm sure it's going to give out on me at some point. But what can I do other than make sure my shoes are tied up firmly and hope for the best?

Anyway, I think I've almost definitely decided to do the run. I wish I had a charitable motivation - then I would have no excuse not to go for it. Plus I'd feel a lot more righteous when hurling myself over the finish line for my glamorous photo and in the post-run interviews with the media I can tearfully say why I put myself through this ridiculous ordeal.

Hey ho. 2 weeks and 5 days to go.

No comments: