27 Aug 2006

Everything hurts. My back aches, my shoulders ache, my knees are painful, my thighs ache, my calves hurt, my hips are stiff as rusty hinges, my feet hurt, my blister's popped...

...but I've run 10 miles!

I feel I've acheieved something. It wasn't even as impossible as I thought, although I'm suffering now.

It's a case of mind over matter, keeping going when you know you're going to suffer later, when you're bored of running and when you fantasise about going back to bed with a cup of tea...

So can I do that again (and a bit more) next weekend (as well as do at least 2 7-mile runs during the week)?

It feels like this is now the final push which I'm pleased about. I wonder how much running I'll do once it's over. I am promising myself a shopping spree when it's done although I dare say I 'll have lost weight and so I'll have to make plans to stop piling it all back on again (keeping up the morning runs should do it)

But I'm not there yet - it's 3 weeks today - a lot can happen in that time...

No comments: