3 Jun 2023

couch to 5k: week #7 runs 19 - 20 - 21

So this week we've - I've - been doing - smashing - 25-minute long runs. And they feel very long. I'm craving the midpoint bell and Laura telling me I'm doing ever so well... But the psychology of waiting for permission to stop, to slow down, whatever, is very strong. 

So - that's week 7 done.

I'm having to leave 2 lots of 2 day rests for various reasons - one being I've booked body pump next week and I think doing those classes is more beneficial than sticking to the single rest day. So, that. 

This week's middle run was along the Kennet and Avon Canal, which is utterly beautiful. We were lucky with the gorgeous spring weather of course but the flat towpath was just heavenly to run along.

Or it would have been if, 1. I hadn't been gorging on full English breakfasts and fish and chips for lunch and copious amounts of wine, and 2. I hadn't gouged out a chunk of my heel by sliding off the boat roof onto the door lock. Luckily it was on a bit of my heel which doesn't get a lot of pressure when running - but it really hurts when I walk. So that was a challenge... 

Next week it's 28-minute runs. 3 times a week. Unheard of. Will it trigger some kind of running mania in me? Or will it be another of my short-lived passions which I will get to the end of and never do again? At least with this one, there is an obvious benefit of keeping going with it. 


No comments: