19 Aug 2010

omg a nice run - apart from the toe issue

So it was a 6am start, weather fairly perfect really. And it was fine. Really, pretty much fine. In terms of leg aching and lungs bursting, it was one of my better runs.
But I have this toe thing. My little right hand toe (right foor toe?) kind of curls under the rest of them and gets squashed. This results in a massive 1/2-toe blister. Which has been ok - the last one's been and gone but left an edge where it rubs even more. So ater 1/2 an hour or so into the run I can feel the squashedness coming back and my toe starting to hurt.
It's not nice and I don't know what to do about it.
I have thought of surgery - possibly a bit extreme.
A splint to straighten the toe out but that would probably make it worse.
Amputation - again a little on the extreme side of things.
So what can I do??
Vaseline to make it slip around rather than squish? (messy)
Plaster to corset the thing a bit - have tried that  - am worried it's going to make the next toe in get blisters.
Different shoes - another £100 on trainers - would be worth it is there was some kind of guarantee with the things.
It may go away.

No comments: