29 Aug 2010

44' 40", 4.67miles, 9'33" per mile, 530 cals

Something's not right - surely it's fewer calories than that?
aha - my weight was in settings as 100kg. Not quite that fat.

It's good news though - the settings were wrong cos I have a new ipod (hurrah). Hopefully I won't have to recalibrate the thing...

And, note to self - am far too old to run off a hangover. I had to curtail the run (missing out to loop by the observatory) and I had to walk for a few mins to catch up with myself. Glad I went though, it's never a waste of time. (convince yourself)

Niggles - left heel is aching, I think it's an achilles problem and I don't know what to do about it. New shoes? New tendon? Don't know. I don't think it's rest as I hadn't run for a week thanks to the dead ipod situation, so I think that would qualify as a rest, wouldn't it?
I felt quite strong today which was nice - well, strong but sick (cos of the hangover no doubt) but I'm still not all that fit - I would not finish the 1/2 marathon next weekend if I had gone in for it. Quite glad I didn't although I would like to think there is another 1/2 marathon in me before I croak. Perhaps next year? The plan is to go on holiday earlier next year which would mean a better run up to it in terms of training. (As if that's a consideration...)

So, done, dusted, showered, fed and ready to enjoy the bank holiday weekend. My cup overfloweth.

No comments: