26 Jul 2006

Peaked too early?
Another 630 run round the downs and another day of convincing myself it's getting easier and that I stand a chance of finishing this 1/2 marathon. Should I be worried or is this what happens?

They say a lot of it is in the mind - well that's true. I have convinced myself that even when I feel like I'm about to keel over, I won't actually die and in fact I will feel better for completing the run. Plus there's the boredom of going over the same old route with the same little devil on my shoulder telling me to walk for a bit and drink lots of wine of an evening (although that devil is getting quieter)

I know it's time to try another (longer) route but for now, 7 miles three times a week seems to be quite enough. I didn't think I was ambitious but I was disproportionately pleased when I realised I'm getting faster.

Perhaps 2 hours 15 isn't such a long shot after all...

No comments: