24 Jul 2006

La la la Tweet (the song of the early bird)
Once again I have confounded my critics and gone for an early morning run - can I keep this up?
My feet were aching by the end of 7 miles and my left hip hurt and the blisters are blistering but apart from that and the sheer exhaustion, I'm feeling quite sprightly. Oh and the small matter of my right ankle aching now I've stopped for a couple of hours: don't like the feel of that much.

So all I have to do is keep up with the 3 early morning runs a week, plus longer ones at the weekend - I need to get up to 10 miles quite soon (sorry feet) - and I should be there by 17th Sept... Suddenly it's not funny any more. I get bored slogging round the same old route - even if I reverse the circuit it's not very interesting - but I know I can do the distance: if I start heading off-piste looking for adventures down unexplored tracks and side-roads I have a worry that I will get lost and will end up having to run for hours to find my way home . (Except wouldn't that be an ideal way of upping the distance run? And overcoming my control freakery?)

More importantly is what I'm going to wear on the day - I think I'll go with the traditional race tee-shirt but which shorts? Sunglasses or not?

Oh and the small matter of sponsorship - if I can get some people to promise me money then it might give me more of an incentive to keep going. That's the theory anyway. Otherwise I will always have the option of being injured on the day...

No comments: