31 Jul 2006

Influences on running

The obvious - physical well-being, the weather and the right shoes. But emotion?

I have had an awful weekend of feeling angry, disappointed, slightly fearful and miserable and today I am just plain exhausted. Too weary to even contemplate running. I know if I'd got up off my fat arse and just gone for a run it would have been fine, but no, I woke up 20 mins later than normal and that meant I would not be running.

It's no great deal this not running, I'm really not obsessed, it's not the be-all and end-all. I would be unhappy if I couldn't run cos of some injury or other but missing the odd day doesn't matter.
What does matter is that feeling highly emotional has meant that I didn't make the effort.

Perhaps I am just very weak willed and as such will never get round this flaming 1/2 marathon... I need some kind of inspiration which makes me ignore the tears and the anger inside and the aching muscles from overdoing the gardening and just get out pounding the pavement.

No comments: