28 Jul 2006

I feel really good!

Another early morning run and it seems to be getting easier and it seems to be more enjoyable and it seems to be making me feel quite, well, endorphin-like....

It's not life-changing, I haven't become a born-again runner but I might be beginning to see what people tell me about it making you feel better, more engergy, brighter etc etc.

It's OK, I do realise I sound like a moron (must be the effect of the class A endorphins...)

The weird foot bruise wasn't a problem which is good, but the left instep blister seems to be settling in for the long-term: it's not too bad, just there.

The other thing I noticed this morning is that I was listening to music rather than the radio and it's probably an obvious thing, but I run much faster to the Kaiser Chiefs than I do to the Today programme on R4.

Not that I'm getting competitive but the boyf was also running this morning - he set off 15 mins after me and finished 2 minutes after me. He's one of these natural runners who I try and avoid cos they make it look so easy.

I also realised, with a heavy heart, that if I was doing this 10 years ago I would be losing weight really fast (I need/want to lose 10lbs) - but the fact is I'm staying still. It might be a combination of eating out too much and too much dry white but I am slightly disappointed about the lack of flab reduction. Perhaps I'm bulking up with muscle instead? (attractive)

Current extent of aches and pains
right ankle - aching
left instep blister - deflating
weird foot bruise - kind of smudging around bottom of foot
Otherwise fine and dandy

No comments: