21 Aug 2023

No excuses

Nothing truly hurt. 

Did 4.3km at 6m 43s so pretty standard.

The biggest struggle other than actually getting out of the door is getting my sports bra fastened. 

My lungs were screaming as I'm unfit - but this is how I will get fit, of course. 

It's very simple and yet I've been making a song and dance about it for so long I don't know how to just get over myself and nonchalantly go for a run 

1. is the weather going to be ok

2. kit      a. bra - always a challenge to get into 

               b. what do I wear to feel like I've covered up the worst bits?

               c. will I be warm/cool enough?

3. sounds - what to listen to - podcasts are best but there are some very dull ones out there. I've taken to deciding the night before but it's still a bit hit or miss. And don't get me started on trying to find ones I'm 1/2 way through but haven't subscribed to, or getting the next one to play in order (looking at you BBC Sounds) Sometimes it's easier to listen to live radio or some motivational music. 

4. How far to go - so scared of going too far and not being able to get back. I have never been unable to get back (Other than stress fractures and calf pulls...)

etc - it's all just flummery

No comments: