25 Aug 2023

Gasping

I hate that feeling when you know you can't get enough oxygen into your lungs. My lungs. Yours are probably very capacious. 

But I didn't even slow down much which I am taking as a win. 

It was the normal route:

4.36km

6m 36s per km 

So quite acceptable for me.

I was remembering that not so long ago I would run down to the city farm in St Werberghs then along the railway path, up the loooong hill back to Horfield Common and back home. That feels impossible now.  And I know even if I set that as some kind of a goal, I don't care enough to go for it. After all, what would come next? I want to enjoy running, to feel the benefits and frankly I'm not great at challenging myself. Although completing the C25K was a pretty awesome achievement. For a low achiever... 


No comments: