26 Feb 2012

Poxy new running shoes

OK it's not the fault of the shoes but I am hurting in the achilles dept and it's cos of the shoes. I think the only way to progress here is to run in my old shoes (but barefoot stylee) and hope to build up some sort of stamina like that.
I've heard it can take 6 months to get as runny as you were in old shoes doing this - and I'm beginning to believe it. I'd thought initially that it was the calf muscles that were the deciding factor, but I guess it's more about Achilles - it certainly is for me.
It's very annoying cos I know this is the better way to run, and I've spent a shed load of money getting the right shoes for the job. It feels harsh to think that I'm still gong to have to go through all this pain when I was hoping for a fast change.
So, at some point this week I will drag out my newish old shoes and go for a longer barefoot run in them. Seems a bit arse about face but there you go...

No comments: