5 Feb 2012

New Era

Have taken the plunge and gone for some merrell barefooty sort of running shoes.
So much for this being the cheap option, however...
Anyway - they put me on the treadmill and they felt amazing. In fact it makes you wonder how much the big shoe companies are playing down such things as they want to continue making a fortune from the anti-pronation, complex supporting shoes they've been flogging us for the past generation.
I hope I'm going to use them...
The chap in the shop said it can takes ages to get used to the style, but my treadmill work looked good, like it was coming naturally (that's how it feels) but I know I have to build it up slowly. In truth I'm so out of shape at the mo it'll probably work better for me to build up to the hour-long run over the next couple of months and then perhaps the calfs won't be quite so whingy...

No comments: