2 Aug 2011

tuesday morning

I missed running on Sunday cos I was working in Weymouth and despite the lure of running along a lovely sandy beach first thing in the morning, I really couldn't be arsed. Well, I did have to start work at 9am so blah excuses

So I took today off and went for a run at about 11am which is an odd time for me but it was ok. Felt lacking in energy but I guess there's nothing new there, being not very fit. But it was good to run a different route - I dropped the car off in Clifton and ran up Pembroke rd and across the downs from there. Don't know about a change being as good as a rest though..
stats
oh - forgot major running news - orange ipod 'it's alive' has died - the centre button stopped working.
So I went down to the apple store and they told me it'd be £70 to mend (as in get another one exactly the same and they didn't have any in stock) so I said I'd treat myself to one of the new nanos, with the touchscreen. I think I made a mistake getting the £50 cheaper 8GB one, rather than the 16GB but hey ho, it just means I shall have to manage it a bit better.
But as a thing, it's great - it runs the nike+ thing and I can listen to the radio at the same time - good times.

anyway, stats:
6.4 miles,  1hour 2mins 43s, 9m 46/mile (very slow) 604 calories
(this assumes I don't have to recalibrate the thing for the new ipod, but I would guess not)

So that's it. I was a very sweaty betty when I got back cos it's quite warm and I am a sweaty betty these days. Not a good look.

No comments: