14 Aug 2011

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

I nearly died this morning - I know part of the problem was a little too much dry white the night before, I accept that, but it really hurt... Left hip aching, right foot just being, well, flat I guess. Plus bruised toes.
I think I might need new trainers as I felt extremely un-bouncy in those. Not sure if that's the problem though. Although at the back of my mind I think I got an email from moti to tell me it was so long since I bought the things I should think about changing them. Well they would say that wouldn't they. But it might have been about a year ago so perhaps they were onto something. Hey - shopping for shoes - ugly, practical shoes....

stats: well, bit of a problem there...
0.34 miles, 4 min 53 seconds
Thing is, the thing fell off my shoe and I didn't notice it, so now I don't have a nike+ thing any more. I feel quite sad about that...

The other amazing thing about today's run (I lead a very dull life...) is I went The Wrong Way Round - as in going up Ashley Hill first, then Glos Rd, then down past Tescoe and along to the water tower and back through Henleaze and Bishopston. It made it a fraction more interesting, but it felt a lot harder - perhaps there's more uphill going that way round - I know it has to be the same amount but the severity of the hills might just mean it feels worse this way round.
Anyway, it's done and I need to keep going at least 3 times a week for it to do me any lasting good, don't I....

No comments: