26 Sept 2010

back on the downs

A very pleasant Sunday run.
Apart from feeling sick (too much dry white last night)...
I ran up to the observatory - which was hard work - but afterwards I felt great... perhaps generally I need to try a bit harder rather than keep something in reserve. Although it's a few hours later now and I'm feeling quite knackered.

OK so guilty pleasure of the day - I downloaded a song from way back in my slightly goth influenced teenage years - and possibly the least motivational song ever to have on your ipod... It was 'last exit for the lost' by the fields of the nephilim. Can't believe it, but a few weeks ago we had a cull of cds and that was one which went out - and then I go and put them on spotify and want to get them all back. Hey ho. There is a reason for this - more than just a trip down a black-clad memory lane - I want to write a play in which a middle-aged woman meets up with an old flame who happens to be a goth-rocker who's kept his dream alive and is now rich and famous - but not in the uk. Write about what your heart knows.

So, yeah, the run - haven't been for a bit and was putting it off frankly. But it was really fine.
Stats: 53' 30"  5.29 miles   10' 06" per mile (shockingly slow, I blame the wine) 517 cals
So there is no excuse to slacken off - I need to go at least once a week - and before work if I can bear it.
There was some drunken talk about the Bath Half marathon last night - hmmm. Training over the winter??? Not sure about that

No comments: