7 Jul 2023

This is OK, right?

It is a beautiful morning, I awoke refreshed and have a nice new top. I am living the dream. 

It was OK - I did the 5-minute warm-up walk which I can only assume is the secret to this even though I'd rather leave the house running, but you know, getting old means compromise... 

My Achilles was the worry - it's still aching, a niggle, nothing serious but there is the constant thought that it would trigger my calf muscles and I'd end up walking back feeling wretched. But - it didn't get any worse (well, maybe a little bit) and I've given it 10 mins of ice so fingers crossed it will be fine for 2 runs a week (building up to 3, let's not be unambitious here)

And I felt OK lung-wise. Not super fit but nothing like the gasping red-faced loser I have been. 

So, am I now a 'runner'? Looking at the stats, I'm more of a jogger but that's more than a couch potato. 

3.88km

6m 51 per km

No comments: