1 Oct 2012

yoga

Well, I knew it would have to happen eventually - I've been back to yoga for the first time in months.
And it's good.

Painful, awkward, frustrating, but good.

It may be the key to getting back running as it focuses on stretching all kinds of large, deep muscles and joints, which have been my downfall.
Of course I have to commit to going every week (and doing some in between) and it's 90 minutes a session which gets a bit dull BUT it's a Good Thing to do.

I will be yogaing again this Thursday which is the day I'm supposed to be having a trial run to see how my achilles is faring, but that will have to wait til Friday.

Also I'm going to attempt the 5:2 diet lifestyle thing this week (and commit it to it until Christmas????) which is basically 2 days a week of extremely restricted fasting (500 cals) and normal eating for the rest of the time. For various reasons it's going to be extremely hard to carry this off, but I feel I need to do something to fight this middle-aged spread thing (I thought it was a myth - I was so terribly wrong)

Wish me luck...

No comments: