29 Mar 2012

hot and sweaty

It's been very warm these last few days - for the end of March it's been positively balmy. So going for a run was only going to be a good idea in the early hours.
Like 9am...

I did nearly 35 mins this morning and it was hard work - hence the title of this post. And my right achilles is aching which is a bit of a worry, but I think it's a grumble rather than an injury, so I'm going to rest it until Sunday or possibly Tuesday

(this is horrible - I have drops of sweat running down my face and they're as irritating as te cat's whiskers when she gets too close...)

3 things I have learned from this morning's run:
1. my feet are bicycle wheels - they're only in contact with the ground at the very bottom, directly underneath - so the movement is to push back from that point and that brings my knees up like they're supposed to be.
2. my right leg is wrong: it's doing the old thing of trying to reach out in front of me with and that's what's causing the problem, I think. When I'm concentrating I can make it do it properly, and it makes it ache a bit which suggests I had been doing it wrong - perhaps I need to go back to the osteopath and get balanced out again. Or just do all those stretches I'm supposed to do...
3. Don't eat before a run. I had 2 veggie sausages and 2 poached eggs about an hour before I went out and it was too much too soon: about 15 mins in I could feel this food just sitting in my stomach waiting to be digested and being disappointed.

So I have an idea - this Tuesday I'm going to the dentist at 930 - so I'll go for a run first - I can get out of the house about 7am for 30 mins and be back in time for a shower and breakkie and then walk to work via the dentist. And I can do this twice a week - Tues and Thurs and walk to work those days cos I can leave later than when I'm cycling and stopping off at the gym. And I will run before I've had anything to eat.

And by the end of the week I will have lost 10lbs and will be a happy bunny.

Yay 
   

No comments: