8 Jan 2012

Oh dear...

Went for a deliberately short run this morning - about 1/2 an hour - but my calfs/calves are hurting. They started hurting right from the off, in truth, which is a bit of a worry.
and now, an hour or so later, they're aching.
I don't think it's my achilles as it's too high up, and deep in the muscles.
So what's to do???
I really don't want to stop running - and I don't think I could go back to the old way of running either.
So I have a modest plan to stretch my calfs (I'm going to stick with 'calfs' as 'calves' feels a bit bovine) everyday. Not sure how long this plan will continue, mind.
And the gym calf exercise, I guess, will have to be my friend. And I could do the bunnyhops as well.
How long is this going to take? I just don;t know - I guess I will have to run again next week and see how it feels and if it's getting better, continue with the modest plan and build up the running time?
hmm
Not a very happy bunny, tbh

No comments: