25 Oct 2010

achy breaky legs

Well, not breaky legs, happily.

Went for a run yesterday (after another 2 weeks off) and did the 6 and a bit miles around the downs from home. And man did my legs ache. My right foot feels wrong, like I'm curling my toes in or something and no matter how much I try and relax my foot, it's not right. More new shoes?? I hope not. And my left hip seized up a bit as well - quite painful but I will work on the assumption that it's just a bit rusty, and I ought to do more than an hour of yoga each week.

But at least I went running and apart from the achy bits I didn't mind it at all - it was a nice morning - cold and crisp and I listened to Broadcasting House with my finger on the trigger in case they revealed the result of the Korean Grand Prix. They didn't. But it didn't matter as it was so delayed it hadn't finished by the time I got back home.

So now I know I need to run more than twice a month and I know damn well that the more you do it the more you get out of it. Family are running with the Westbury Harriers now - I could join them but on Mondays I already go to the gym and do yoga. I guess an hour's hard run of an evening would round the day off nicely...

No comments: