11 Jun 2009

Haven't run since the last time. Obviously. Really ached afterwards - back problems. Is this just another sign of getting old?

I have started a body pump class which I'm hoping will beef me up a bit as I am feeble, especially in my upper body. But I wobbled so much doing the arm exercises (and the shoulder ones) that I could barely lift the barbell, let alone the weights. Today my forearms ache, my thighs and bum are beginning to hurt and as for my chest, well, it doesn't bear thinking about how bad it's going to get for the next 24 hours. Painkillers, I think. I guess you have to stick at these things: roll on next week...

But the running - I'm seriously doubting if I will get through the 1/2 marathon at this rate - I'm 3 years older, 10lbs heavier than last time I did it and then I had the motivation to do something I've never done before. Dedication, again.

No comments: