29 Dec 2023

As you sow, shall ye reap...

There was a brief respite from the incessant rain this morning so I went for a run. No big deal, right? Well, not for most people - for me, however, it is a very big deal. 

But as per usual - well done me for getting out there, well done me for not stopping, well done me for doing the warm-up walk first and preventing the hurty bits from hurting so much.

But, look at this:

3.88 km

7m 10s per km

Even slower than last time. 

But, I'm even heavier than last time.

So there it is. There is almost a lb-for-lb correlation between weight and distance/speed, and right now I'm at an inflection point (hopefully). From now on I will be faster and fitter.

Easy to say, obvs, but now Christmas is out of the way and only a week away with chums to over-indulge coming up, I can embark on the long road back to fitness and weight loss and increased happiness at my freedom from binge-eating. 



No comments: