16 Dec 2023

Am I terribly unfit or the strongest I've ever been?

I gave myself no excuse, didn't overthink it and just got out the door. I knew it was going to be a hard one because it's been such a long time and I still have the issue with my hamstrings or whatever part of me that's hurty. 

3.89km

7m 02s per km

I was dreading the calf niggle but that was OK - full disclosure I have been stretching it a bit, well done me. The hamstrings, or whatever part of me it is that's hurty, were aching a bit (and I expect I'll suffer tomorrow) but other than that, I ran all the way and felt out of breath and very fat and slow. 

So in that sense, I am unfit and not exactly primed for running.

But. I went for a run. And kept going. Isn't overcoming adversity and fear the very definition of strength?


No comments: