16 May 2023

Couch to 5k week #5; runs 13 - 15

They're saying it kicks up a gear this week - and 8-minute runs suddenly seem like a big deal. Not to mention a 20-minuter on run 15.

Things are going OK - I've developed a new niggle on my left foot and I'm concerned it might be because of the new bike which might be a little bit small and making the leverage all wrong. But hopefully it was just my ageing carcass throwing another spanner in the works.



So I've done run 15 now and it's escalating!

This was 5 minutes walk then a 20 - twenty! - minute run. That's quite a leap after the 8 mins the last couple of runs. It was the first time the psychology came into the talk, explaining that it's about convincing your brain that you can keep going the distance. And it's true. I am so disappointed that I've allowed myself to put on weight and lose any kind of fitness and strength I used tp have - this programme is actually perfect to get me going again. I feel like I'm improving run on run and despite the slightly patronising tone I trust it to get me back to where I was quite a long time ago. It's also making me realise that to get there - and to maintain the fitness benefit I'm getting - I have to keep going, run three times a week, every week. And become addicted to it. Ha ha. 'The running life chose me' (tiktok reference) 


Now I'm going to run this through chatgpt:

So, guess what? The 'Couch to 5k' app just cranked it up a notch this week! Those 8-minute runs suddenly feel like a huge accomplishment. And get this, on run 15, they threw a 20-minute challenge at me. Can you believe it?

Overall, things are going alright, but I've got this new issue with my left foot. I'm worried it might be because of the bike I recently got. It's probably a tad too small, messing up the leverage. But hopefully, it's just my aging body causing some trouble.

Anyway, I've reached run 15 now, and it's getting intense!

This time it was a 5-minute walk followed by a whopping 20-minute run. Can you imagine? It's quite a jump from the previous 8-minute runs. The app even started talking about the psychology behind it all, convincing your brain that you can push through. And you know what? It's true. I'm really bummed out that I let myself gain weight and lose all the fitness and strength I used to have. But this program is perfect for getting me back on track. With each run, I can feel myself improving, despite the app's slightly condescending tone. I trust it to help me regain my former glory, which feels like ages ago.

It's also making me realize that if I want to reach my goals and maintain the fitness benefits I'm getting, I have to keep going. Three runs a week, every week. I might even become addicted to it. Ha ha! As they say, 'The running life chose me' (you know, that TikTok reference)



wow. 'Bummed out' 

Perhaps overdid the casual tone there, Chat.

But it does sound like a slightly unhinged human, someone pretending to be down with the kids perhaps 

No comments: