23 Feb 2023

Is it time to stop?

I did go out this morning and it was OK. Motivation follows action, and all that. 

So there I was trotting around the usual route, 3/4 of the way home - and my left calf began to ache a bit. So I stopped and stretched a bit and the pain kicked in. Bloody hell it was intense. I walked (limped) home, hoping that would loosen it a bit, but no. And now, a few hours later, if I get it wrong the pain just kicks right back in.

Should I just stop doing this to myself? Is my 'dream' of being a 'runner' just a stupid whim? Walking is apparently quite good for you and I've done a lot of that over the past 3 years or so. But actual aerobic fitness is another thing altogether. I believe running is perfect - you can take it anywhere. But I also now feel like it's beyond me, that I'm not made to run. 

Or are there exercises I can do to mitigate the potential for injury? Of course there must be because I don't get injured every time I go out. It just feels like it. 

So I will consult Dr Google and see if I can help myself. Of course, there is the operation in 3 weeks which will put me out of running action for a while - but perhaps it will give me time to work on the physio?

Watch this space... 

3.71km

6m 54 per km

damn and blast...

No comments: