1 Jun 2020

A run on the downs

- for the first time in ages.

Reasons I felt it was a struggle:
1. overweight (not losing weight by numbers, but I think I'm losing muscle as I'm not going to the gym, so I'm basically turning into an amorphous blob)
2. It was hot - again. This has been the sunniest May on record by miles. It's been amazing and has helped enormously in making the lockdown bearable.
3. Worn out shoes
4. General laziness from now being at work for so long

I actually had to walk for a short bit - I know most of it is psychological but I think it was probably the right thing to do as it helped me get round the rest of the lap not feeling like I wanted to stop again

But I think the real reason is this:
6.29km
average pace - wait for it - 6m 19s per km. Which means I was running like the wind for way further than 5km.




No comments: