31 Aug 2019

First: wow. Then: wait, what?

So nbd I went out for a run thinking it would just be 30 mins or so. And it was ok. Stayed on the flat to start with, managed over 4miles (well done me)

But after 8 mins or so, the lady told me I'd run a mile. I mean - what? Surely there was something awry with the app. And the following miles were as normal.

But now I"m back and looking at the splits - it's somehow true:
mile 1: 8m 30
mile 2: 10m 22
mile 3: 10m17

average 9m 47

So I'm happy with that - and utterly perplexed about the first mile.
Theories - I have lost a few lbs (about 4 so far) and I haven't drunk any alcohol for 3 and a half weeks.

On a physical note - none of the usual aches and pains (less weight to lug around maybe). Also, I'm going to concentrate more on my mid-footedness - I have flat feet, I spent a lot of my life walking on the outside edge of my feet (which has led to a number of twisted ankles) but I can feel how much better it is when I land on the balls of my feet and stretch my arches, so I'm going to try and keep that up - it's a habit I need to change

Anyway, that was today's adventure.

No comments: