13 Sept 2019

Adlerian Task

the courage to be disliked

Adlerian philosophy, as I see it, is a way of removing all values, emotions, judgement from a task. This way I can look at going for a run as simply a thing I am doing. It doesn't prevent me from doing something else, like going for coffee or reupholstering the dining chairs (that is a thing) - it's the thing I am doing until I stop doing it.
It's simple and it's helping me in all sorts of ways. not in every way but I think it's reducing stress by eliminating a large part of the decision-making process. 

So that got me out the door.

I am not pushing myself very hard - I am still too fat for that - but I am content that I am out there doing something which is good for me. My achilles might disagree but they can be quiet.

3.36 miles
10m 13"
Slow, but it's still exercise

No comments: