9 Jul 2019

It doesn't get any easier, but...

...apparently I broke the 10-minute mile pace.

Yay me, right!

It was awful -as usual - but I actually did it. I went round a flat route including the county ground, which probably helped the pace.

3.83 miles
9m 56 per mile.

Feel pleased that I did it.

I can't just  'go for a quick run' - I have to make such a palava of it - the kit, the sounds, the mapmyrun. I think I envy those people (let's face it, blokes) who just head out the door, run, quick shower and off they go. I have a beetroot face which takes the best part of an hour to subside (or trowled on makeup) and I will have to wash and dry my hair as well. So there is all that to factor into the 'quick run'.  Which is why the morning run works better for me.

Do I need new shoes? Would they really make any difference? Would I keep the old ones at work in case I feel moved to go for a 'quick run'? No, wait...

No comments: