31 May 2019

Is that enough?

Well, I've finally gone for a run - the coaching mindset is still there of course but I have just been too lazy recently.
And I still can't get mapmyrun working. It's annoying but it's also a bit me-shaming, pointing out that I run like a sloth and don't get very far.
But.
But...
This morning I didn't want to go, but I went for a run. I didn't have the mapmyrun, but I went for a run. I knew it was going to be unpleasant, but I went for a run.
And that is good enough.
It's better than not running.
I listened to an old episode of 'Jeremy Hardy speaks to the nation' - he was such a razor-sharp comedian.
So - I don't know how far I went, I ran for about 35 mins, I didn't get injured and basically, I am starting the day on a bit of a better footing than I have recently as I notice my distant demons are closing in.

No comments: