10 May 2019

Coaching success

I did my favourite run along the front at Whitstable last weekend which was one of those post-wine, pre-carb ones - and it was as lovely as usual.

But a couple of days before I did a practice coaching session with one of my fellow Animas students and we talked about how I see myself as a runner even though I don't run very much. My take away from this session was to have been for a run before the next one. Which I did, so well done me.

Of course, I always feel more motivated to run when I'm in Whitstable but there was a far greater determination that morning. It's all too easy to make excuses and put it off but after this session, I knew it was entirely up to me, that the benefit is entirely mine, that excuses are trivial.

How long this will continue I don't know as I haven't run since, but I'd like to think that coaching is a help.

The mapmyrun app still isn't working which annoys me hugely

No comments: