26 May 2018

hero - zero - hero

Not a great start to the day, frankly. It was dull, rainy and I was up at 0545 to take bf to the station for his trip to Lords. Not Lourdes as we hilariously thought.

But I was determined to go for a run. (Looking back I can convince myself of my determination) I decided I was going to do the Eastville parkrun again - nice distance, lots of people, get a time (could I best the last time I did it? Ooo, exciting, right)

I got there early and popped into Tesco to see if they had insulated bags. (I lead an enviable life) but they didn't. So I basically paraded round Tesco in my running kit looking like a whale.

But, whatever. I went to the bottom of the car park where it's closest to the run and parked up. I was expecting other runners to be there as they were last time, but there was no one. 'It's the weather', I  thought to myself. 'Lightweights', I thought, feeling smug.

As I got ready to go up to the park there was one of those yellow AA signs pointing to 'Love Will Save the Day' a weekend festival in Eastville Park

Thwarted

So what did I do next? Well, I went home, fought against my own inertia and actually went for a run.

Yay me.

Very glad I did even though it felt like I was hauling a massive weight around my middle - oh, hang on, it's called my wine belly.

I really do have to get myself in hand.

2.9 miles
9m 55" per mile

It was really short - but about the same as a park run, right? (Er, no. 5k is 3.1 miles)

I so have to get myself in hand.  At least I didn't walk...

No comments: