23 Nov 2017

Zombies are tough

I decided I would go round the downs this morning, just for a change. I reckoned it's about 5k around there which is would-like-to go-to distance these days (it's a work thing)
But I was so unfit.
Note to self - when you've lost the 10+ lbs you wanted to (and felt SO good about) don't just pile it straight back on.
Idiot.
I had to walk 3 times; once cos the zombies made me run too hard and I lost the ability to breathe. And I didn't outrun them once.
It's all very depressing to be honest. I know it's nature and it's not exactly unexpected, but I had no idea it was going to be this hard to get back up to anywhere near the quite feeble levels I was operating at before...

It was more than 5k - nearer 7.2
So, still not at the 5-mile marker.
I will get there though - I feel it's something which will make me feel an awful lot better. It may stave off the depression now I'm off the tablets.



No comments: