9 May 2017

Don't blame the app

The app actually had saved my run - and the next one

3.73 miles, 9m 55s per mile

But the next one on Sun 7th...
2.51 miles and 9m 44s per mile - but I was knackered - totally puffed. I've put on some of the weight I recently lost, plus I did have a hangover - so there were mitigating circumstances... But I was mortified about how hard it was

So - do I stop running and save myself the pain and the exhaustion - or put this behind me, get out there and enjoy the experience (honestly it's possible) and just take heart from the fact I'm in my 50s but still running. Kind of.

Colleagues did the 10k at the weekend and did it in under 50 mins. So glad I didn't sign up - although if I had done long enough ago I would have been motivated to get training, right?

Motivation then - nothing difficult to understand there.

No comments: