27 Jul 2013

Hard

I did that loop again and bloody hell it was hard work. Pre-breakfast, post a winy night out so there's an initial problem. Also I haven't got any running muscles. And I was at a yoga class on Thursday and the achiness is kicking in now - very tight hamstrings, me.
So there's the excuses - but I am so proud of myself for doing the full loop - I was only going to do 20 mins or so but there I was, 15 mins in and half way round.
I am so on it.

One inspiration is Jamie McDonald - he's running across Canada - 5000 miles with no back up. He is utterly barking but he's doing it. He's up against all sorts of problems like injuries, freezing cold, baking heat and loneliness.
His videos are well worth looking at:
http://www.jamiemcdonald.org/

Another thing - I rediscovered my robi plug-in radio for the ipod so I was very happy listening to beloved radio four all the way round - but by the time I finished, the battery was flat. It absolutely kills the battery life. Also it's previously killed the actual  ipod so perhaps it's not the best. But the radio feature on the ipod is utterly useless.

So that's it for me - very pleased with the fact I've done it - now I'm assessing my pains. My right foot, the one with the arthritic big toe, is a problem. My whole foot aches and I'm wondering if I should get to a podiatrist for some exercises to get round the problem. Also my freakishly long left second toe is rubbing against the show. I may have to get a larger size... That would be annoying cos mine are perfectly OK. I also need more running tights cos obviously now I'm going to be running every day.
Ha.

But honestly - support Jamie

No comments: