24 Mar 2013

it's not ground-breaking, but...

at least it's only a week since my last run.
I did the same route and it was ok - apart from the cold. I should have worn gloves. And a warmer top. But I did get warmed up eventually.
5 sections
1. up to glos rd by sainsbury's
It was fine other than the chilly bits
2. up to Kellaway
getting into a stride a bit now but the hill at the end is challenging. The worst part was where my ipod ran out of juice and I was left alone with my thoughts until the end of the run...
3. kellaway to glos rd
getting breath back, nothing too bad but glad it's the 1/2 way point
4. down glos rd to Ashley Hill
I have to make sure I'm looking ok for this bit as there's always someone doing the walk of shame and they still look better than I do. By now on the previous outing there was a hip pain - not today. :)  This time it's my right foot aching and cos it's downhill slightly there is pressure on my feet. But it's livable with.
5. Ashley rd/sefton park and home
I need to make sure my right foot's not taking too much hammering - I think I'm running a bit too much on my toes and try to go more mid-foot strike and I think this is the future. It might also lessen the effect  on my calves which threaten to be agonising later on.

I'm very glad I did it - and before breakfast, too, which allegedly means more fat-burning which is No Bad Thing.

Now to up the frequency and distance. No pressure...

No comments: