3 Jul 2011

weighty bum

When I run, my bum feels really heavy. I guess it's because it's quite large. I know if I lose a bit of weight some will eventually go from my arse (tbh I mean haunches. Awful, awful word but descriptive and accurate)  But in the meantime I will continue to run with a slab of flab bringing up my rear.
Mmm, nice mental picture...

But the run was fine. Little bit too much dry white last night for it to feel comfy, and the weather was too hot so I had to keep crossing the road to get into the shade.
But it's done - 70 mins so probably 7 miles. And it was ok. There was a lot of mental argument going on - I really wanted to walk for a while but I just had a stern word with myself and got over it. My feet were a bit achy towards the end which wasn't very pleasant but I don't think there's an easy way around that - other than perhaps to run quite a bit more often.
Then perhaps I will achieve the lightweight bum I crave...

No comments: