18 Apr 2011

another half of half a marathon

Well, I've signed up for this year's 10k in Bristol.

Ulp.

Well, I guess I know I can do the distance (witness my heroic last run) but it's whether I can do one to order. As in, at a time and place which I haven't chosen. At least I know the route will be flat (no side trips to the camera obscura. At least I really hope not - the Portway is about 100m below the thing...)

But, last time I did the 10k I suffered. I was a bit stressed out for some reason - after all I'd done the training and I'd already done the 1/2 marathon, so there should have been no reasn for fear. But I had butterflies while waiting for the off. I also needed a wee which didn't help, but I was doing my usual thing of being so desperate not to be late for a thing that I got to the start line too early - I probably did have time for a wee cos it takes so long for everyone to get through the start. Hey ho, next time will be good!

I've put in for a 55mins time which is 5mins 30 per km - I have no idea how that translates to mins per mile - about 9 30 probably which is doable - as long as I get the right carbo-loading worked out. No wine the night before, I'd suggest for starters.

No comments: