23 Feb 2014

A new approach

I have decided I can't pretend to be a runner. I am a jogger. My natural pace is about 9'30" a mile and I should be happy with that. When I try and push myself is when I get blisters and worse. So I am going to be happy with my natural pace and take the benefit from going at that speed. If I get faster along the way then that's fine. What I want to avoid is the feeling that I'm failing if I can't run as fast as my v fit boyf or 18 year old stepdaughter. Not going to happen.

stats then...
4.27 miles
41m 18s
9m 40s a mile. Slow. But I did it (and I still have aching calves so I'm glad I didn't push it any more)

Whether this new approach will continue I have no idea, but I think I will be happier if I run this sort of thing 3 times a week. And by doing that I guess I will be faster.

No comments: