1 May 2013

This is getting depressing now

I was excited about going for a run this lunchtime at work (I know that's a bit sad, but it's part of my rehabiliation into being a runner again)

But I only managed about 15mins before the calf muscle went again.

I thought I was doing everything right - running with the whole of my foot going onto the ground (not flicking off one side of my foot) I wasn't going too fast (no danger of that ever) and just enjoying the feeling of being out running on the downs in the sunshine

But I'm not allowed that little amount of pleasure; I'm not allowed to reclaim the feeling that 'I am a runner'...

I know I'm over-dramatising it all, but ffs give me a break. Am I just too old now? Is that it? Other people run into their 80s why can't I even get to my 50s without seriously wondering if my time is over?

At the risk of sounding like a stroppy toddler - it's not effing fair.*
I want to stop wanting this.


*a very sweary stroppy toddler

No comments: