19 Mar 2011

Still steaming from the run...

That was very hard work...

I was buzzing from having 2 strong coffees and a toasted teacake (quite a sugar rush for me...) so I thought I would run now (Saturday afternoon) rather than wait for Sunday morning (also it's likely to be raining tomorrow)

It was an odd one - the caffeine was giving a kind of superficial energy but I was definitely lacking in proper fuel. I was feeling sick and in a cold sweat for the first couple of miles which wasn't very pleasant. I had to stop running a couple of times to cross the road which possibly helped a bit, got the blood to the right places and then I could set off again.


They say a change is as good as a rest, but frankly that's bollocks: I changed my normal route and I don't feel rested at all. Boyf dropped me off by the water tower and I went down ladies mile and clockwise round the downs, along to coldharbour rd and then kellaway avenue, glos rd and ashlety hill and sefton park road.

I'm very glad I've been and wish I was a bit keener to keep it up.

Is it going to knacker my knees and hips in the long run or make them stronger? Does anyone really know or is it the luck of the draw, joints-wise?

Anyway, the all-important stats:
59m 11s
6.11miles
9m 40s/mile

No comments: