29 Dec 2010

excuses

not enough time, snow and ice, rain, didn't feel like it, busy doing other things...

I've used most of the above excuses not to run and they've been 100% successful.

And now I'm regretting not having gone running for, what, about 6 weeks now? Regretting it cos it will hurt when I get myself going again and also cos I have so much christmassy carbohydrate to run off...

True, I have lost a bit of flab since September which I'm very pleased about - but having let myself off the hook carb-wise for the past week, I realise just how easy it will be for me to put every single ounce back on.
Don't want to do that - so I will run - perhaps not this year, but certainly next year.

And I am almost certain I will have another bash at the 1/2 marathon and aim to get under 2 hours - I can run at about that pace - but I need to up it slightly to get through the slow crowded bits.

I can do this...

Can't I???

No comments: