19 May 2009

It feels like a long way off yet, but these things have a habit of coming round and biting you on the bum. I haven't run since the 10k ten days ago - still resting on laurels of getting round in under an hour I reckon.

(You can read my exploits of the 10k here: http://halfofhalfamarathon.blogspot.com/)

But I will soon be heading out - after I've got new shoes, new top, socks, bra, ipod earphones, hat, pants, jacket... Or I might just go for it. I know how good it feels when you're out there feeling no pain, just you and the endless pavement unrolling beneath your feet, the fog of exhausts fumes in your face, the screech of cars failing to stop at red lights, that sort of thing. marvellous.

Can I do it in under 2 hours? It's something to aim for but I will have to run at 10k pace all the way round and I struggled in the 10k - something to do with it being too hat and I seem to remember feeling very very nervous and tense before the start, I'm sure that had a negative effect. So perhaps I can do it - positive thinking and lots of training. Plus new shoes, top, socks....

No comments: